Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Seasons Past and Present

The other day, I was accused (rightfully) by my sisters as being one of "those people" who create a blog and never update it.  In my mind though, my blog should have about 25 posts by now, though it is not apparent on the screen. Haha, in other words, I think about my blog every day and just have had no time to put up those thoughts.  So, lucky you, you get to read some lengthy posts to compensate!  Let the Catching up Begin!
This summer was the best summer yet of my whole life because I got to do all the fun summery things with a new husband! That says a lot because my family's summers are usually pretty ridiculously awesome!  It is just so much funner to bring someone new to all the traditions (especially when that someone is Keith)! 
So as my last post mentioned, the first event of the summer was Hawaii (not a tradition haha). It was soooo beautiful on the island of Kauai and we stayed in the raddest resort ever called the Grand Hyatt. I have also never eaten so many consecutively incredible meals in one week!  Keith and I had so many adventures like Zipline-ing in the Jungles,    Kayaking giant beautiful rivers,    and bicycling along the island's coast!    Neither of us had been to Hawaii before so it was fun to discover this paradise together.  We also swam in natural pools and jumped off waterfalls (which has always been a dream of mine since Aunt Becky from Full House did it).  Something we didn't expect was the crazy residents that lived there.  The island was infested by roosters! It was so funny and random and made us crack up all the time to see them on the road, near a store or around a swimming hole!    We also got to go to a luau and see some fun hula dancers and eat more (and I mean more) Delicious Food!  P.S. Keith ate 2 more plates just like that one :) We wrapped up our happy Honeymoon with a day at the beach and some macadamia nut pancakes! Then it was back home to begin our new life together! I can't say it was "back to real life" because the rest of the summer was just one fun thing after another!  I will post more later, so for now I say - to be continued (soon)!

1 comment:

Joy said...

So glad you updated! The roosters are crazy over there. I went to Oahu and it was the same thing, I felt like they were following me everywhere :). I'm excited to see more of your summer adventures!