Baby Monahan is a GIRL!!! We are so happy! (And a little relieved to be honest because girls are all I know what to do with, growing up with only sisters) She is quite a looker already if I do say so :)
Here's her pretty lil face
I think superstitions are fun sometimes and it has been interesting to see which ones have been true in the "determining the gender" department. I had an icky sicky 1st trimester which I've heard is worse when you have a girl because of their hormones or something. But I know many cases to the contrary of women (including sisters and sister in laws) who have pretty icky 1st tri's no matter the gender. The next one I heard was that girls are carried low which I have found to be totally true and quite a surprise considering my short torso. Then there's the chinese gender calendar which predicted I was having a girl and some inklings I had of my own. It's funny and fun, and is 50/50 chance anyway, but these have just been my observations
Here is me at 19 weeks, almost halfway there!!
P.S. I'm not friends with regular clothes right now so I'm almost always in pj's if I'm home :)
I had the big long ultra sound today, where you're not allowed to go potty and they push on your bladder for about a half hour. At least I was distracted with my darling little thumbsucker,
Through the live feed you could see her really sucking her thumb (so cute) even though this picture looks kind of like a nosepicker haha!
It was sooo cool to see all the organs and brain and bones.
The neatest thing was, as I left, I had this really sweet confirmation that this baby is needed in the world at this time and already has so much worth. Sorry to get all sentimental and stuff, but it just hits me like that sometimes :)
Oh and I've been feeling her moving and kicking for the last couple of weeks and it is the BEST!! I get so happy when she reminds me she's there (and when she lets me know to give her some room when I hunch over haha!)
In other news, Keith turned 25 and we had our 3rd Anniversary last week! We stayed at a resort in Scottsdale and snuck into the Hyatt Gainey Ranch cause their pools were way better than our hotel's!
Then on Sunday, Keith's parents gave their farewell address in church before they head off as Mission President and Mission Mom in the Philippines! They are going to be amazing and we will miss them dearly! After that, my sister and I drove to Snowflake to join my mom and other sister at our Grandparent's house. What a wonderful getaway it was, complete with home cooked meals, cooler weather and lots of relaxing on blankets under the apple trees. That is, until my older sister declared herself my pregnancy trainer and demanded that I do my stretches and exercises while I was there! I'm sure my hips will thank her later. Here is a picture of us girls out to lunch at a cutesy boutique/restaurant:
Everything is going well and I'm still feeling pretty good (aside from leg cramps, some backaches, sensitive gums and the rest of the regular prego blissfulness) This really is the COOLEST thing I've ever experienced though and I am grateful for such a healthy body and now a healthy baby!
4 comments:
congrats on the big news!!! Maybe my Boy will date your little girl on a date someday :)
I am so excited for you Alyssa! Hugs!
You are so so cute Alyssa! Hooray for a Monahan girl--finally!!! CanNOT wait to see you guys this weekend. :)
cute, cute , cute so happy for you
Post a Comment